The idea behind this guide is simple. Because you already know how to use WordPress I only need to explain how the widget import files work.
This means you can get up to speed with the StudioPress Pro Plus Pack or an individual StudioPress theme much faster.
Setting up your own demo sites that you can learn from
First you need to set up your learning environment.
Before you can use these Widget Importer & Exporter settings for StudioPress themes you will need…
- A site to practice on. I recommend using a local host such as Bitnami or Xampp.
- The Genesis Framework and at least one StudioPress child theme. You could use the Genesis sample theme which comes free with the Genesis Framework.
- The .wie Widget Import & Export setup files that I have made for you.
- Content for your practice site. The StudioPress theme files contain an xml folder. If you look in this folder you will find an xml file that, if used with the WordPress Importer plugin, will populate your practice site with the demo content used in the StudioPress demo. These StudioPress demo content .xml files usually contain simple grey placeholder images. Although the .xml files for some themes do include the same graphics and photos as the StudioPress demo sites.
Plugins you will need on your practice site…
- WordPress Importer
- Widget Importer & Exporter
- A database reset plugin (optional)
- Genesis eNews Extended
- Simple Social Icons
- Genesis Responsive Slider (for Executive Pro, Outreach Pro and Education Pro themes )
See this comprehensive list of plugins used in StudioPress themes.