If you’re using Hello Pro theme and you want to set up your own testimonials section like the demo site, this is what you need to do…
- Install and activate the Social Proof (Testimonial) Slider plugin.
- Go to: Dashboard > Testimonials > Add New Testimonial.
- Add a testimonial title, author name, author title and type your testimonial text.
- Go to: Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Front Page Background Images. To add a background photo to this widget area.
- If you want to add a photo of the person who gave the testimonial, add the image as a featured image.
There are loads of settings for this widget. Experiment and see what works for you.
Add some testimonials
Go to: Dashboard > Testimonials > Add New Testimonial
- Add testimonial title (this doesn’t display on the web page)
- Add author name
- Add author title (CEO Big Corp etc)
- Add the testimonial text (he’s a great guy, we love him)
You can add images using the Add Media buttons or by adding a featured image.
After you’ve made some testimonials you can display them on your page by…
- Dragging the Social Proof Slider widget, into the Home-Testimonial widget area.
- For the widget title type “Testimonials…”
- Then configuring the widget settings to suit your needs.
There are lots of settings, experiment and see what looks best on your site.
Adding a background photo to the Home Testimonials widget area
Go to: Dashboard > Appearance > Customize > Front Page Background Images
Scroll to the bottom of the Customizer and look for “Front Page Testimonial Section Image”
Click the button that says “Select Image”. After you add an image, the button says “Change Image”.
Looking for a StudioPress theme or hosting?
Check out the two links below…
When you sign up for a WP Engine plan, you receive the Genesis Framework and 36 StudioPress Themes free. That’s over $2,000 in value.
Buy a StudioPress theme outright and use it on all of your sites. There are three ways to get all of the StudioPress themes AND save.