I use the Genesis Framework and a StudioPress theme. This is how I added an author box below my blog posts. I also added some introductory text above the archive page for my blog posts.
In the WordPress dashboard, go to…
Users > Your Profile, there are three lots of information you can add.
- About Yourself: (displays “About” followed by your user-name. E.g. About Mike) This is automatically generated. You don’t type anything in to a box.
- Biographical Info: Type information you want to display under the “About Mike” headline. This information appears below every post YOU write.
- Author Archive SEO Settings: This adds an SEO title and description to your post listing page. This is the link text and description you would see if Google’s lists this archive page.
Author Archive Settings
- Custom Archive Headline: Type some text to appear as a headline above YOUR blog post ARCHIVE listing.
- Custom Description Text: Type some text to appear as the text above YOUR blog post ARCHIVE
This information appears above the FIRST page of YOUR blog post ARCHIVE listing.
Author Archive SEO Settings
- Custom Document Title: SEO title for YOUR blog post ARCHIVE listing page.
- Meta Description: Meta Description for YOUR blog post ARCHIVE listing page.
Author Box (on – off settings)
- Enable Author Box on this User’s Posts? (YES)
- Enable Author Box on this User’s Archives? (NO)
Screen Shots (click images for full size)
Looking for a StudioPress theme or hosting?
Check out the two links below…
When you sign up for a WP Engine plan, you receive the Genesis Framework and 36 StudioPress Themes free. That’s over $2,000 in value.
Buy a StudioPress theme outright and use it on all of your sites. There are three ways to get all of the StudioPress themes AND save.