StudioPress Setup Guide for Small Business
Helping you get your StudioPress website setup faster. I provide simple, practical advice for small business owners.
StudioPress Core Skills
Many StudioPress themes work in the same way. To add content to your homepage you add widgets to widget areas.
WordPress comes with many widgets. And Genesis has built in widgets such as the featured post widget. Some plugins have their own widgets. So if you’ve installed plugins on your website, you might have extra options.
Setting up the homepage of many StudioPress themes is all about widgets and widget areas.
Mai Themes are different
Mai Themes have changed the way Genesis homepages are set up. If you choose Mai Lifestyle Pro or Mai Law Pro themes, you have many more page building options.
“StudioPress Tutorials for friends of the Genesis Framework” When I started using The Genesis Framework and StudioPress themes, there were a few things I didn’t understand. I made a note of them and documented what I learned. I made these Genesis Framework and StudioPress tutorials to help you get your site set up with an …
Philip’s StudioPress Setup Wizard is based on a really simple idea. You can set up your StudioPress theme in a fraction of the time it would normally take if you use the Widget Importer & Exporter plugin Get started HERE Hi, I’m Philip. I’ve set up the themes designed by StudioPress (not third party themes). Then used the Widget …
StudioPress & WP Engine
A great solution for businesses of all sizes
Advanced Tips And Third Party Plugins
This is a list of tutorials that new Genesis users might view as advanced. And tutorials about some third party plugins you might find useful.
For instance, if you want to know more about the Genesis Grid Loop, adding new widget areas or the simple hooks plugin. You might find these tutorials useful.
The easiest way to do things
Many Genesis users like to do everything using code. But there are some great alternatives for building page layouts and post listings that don’t require any code. You just need to choose the right plugins. So I’ve listed some plugins that you might find useful in this archive too.
StudioPress Setup Wizard
StudioPress provide a solid foundation that grows with your business. The StudioPress setup wizard helps you setup sites faster. My whole site is designed to be a StudioPress Setup Guide for Small Business, I hope you find the tutorials and videos useful.
The faster & easier way to setup StudioPress themes
StudioPress sell great WordPress themes at a sensible price. But serious bloggers and web professionals needed a faster way to get started using their StudioPress theme or Pro Plus Pack. I’ve got a lot of practical experience with the Genesis Framework and StudioPress themes. So I decided to help.
How Philip’s StudioPress setup wizard works
You will need
- A demo site to practice on. I recommend using Bitnami or Xampp local hosts.
- The Genesis Framework and Your chosen child theme.
- The Widget Importer & Exporter (.wie) files. I have made these for you.
- Website content. Use your own content, my content or the demo content from your StudioPress theme.
Why I specialise in setting up StudioPress themes…
- StudioPress themes cater for most types of small business.
- All StudioPress themes are built on the rock solid Genesis Framework.
- You can buy excellent plugins to help you modify and adapt the Genesis Framework and StudioPress themes to your needs. These plugins help you change things like theme colours or home page layouts relatively easily.
- Genesis provides a long term, secure and frequently updated foundation that grows with your business. If your business grows into a super brand, simply contact one of StudioPress’s trusted Developers and commission a completely bespoke design for your web site. Your site would already be built on WordPress and the Genesis Framework so making the move to a completely bespoke design, commissioned from a top notch Genesis Developer, is that much easier.
Who needs a StudioPress theme
Copywriters, designers, coaches and trainers of all kinds. In fact StudioPress themes are ideal for any small business that sells their skills or services.
Who is the StudioPress Setup Wizard designed for?
- Serious bloggers
- Web design agencies
- Freelance WordPress professionals
I made the StudioPress Setup Wizard for people who already have a good basic understanding of, and practical experience with WordPress.
If you can already use WordPress and want to get started using the StudioPress Pro Plus Pack or a theme designed by StudioPress.
This guide is for you.
* The StudioPress Setup Wizard currently covers themes designed by StudioPress BUT not third party themes. Most third party themes supply their own .xml and .wie files.