How to set up a Mailchimp newsletter sign up box in a StudioPress theme.
Setting up Genesis eNews Extended and Mailchimp – a video tutorial with screen shots
First we’ll install the Genesis eNews Extended plugin.
In the WordPress Dashboard go to…
- Plugins > Add New
- Search for Genesis eNews Extended plugin (By Brandon Kraft)
- Install AND activate the plugin
Now go to…
- Appearance > Widgets
- Drag Genesis – eNews Extended widget, into the Primary Sidebar widget area
- If you can’t see the widget options, click the down arrow to expand the widget
- Title: (Get weekly tips, tricks and advice)
- Text To Show Before Form: (When you subscribe to my newsletter you get weekly tips, tricks and advice to help you set up your StudioPress site!)
- E-Mail Field: EMAIL
- First Name Field: FNAME
- Last Name Field: LNAME
These four fields should be automatically filled in. If not fill them in.
- First Name Input Text: First Name
- Last Name Input Text: Last Name
- E-Mail Input Text: E-Mail Address
- Button Text: Go
SAVE your changes.
Now open your MailChimp account and…
- Choose Lists from the left hand sidebar
- Create a new list or choose a list you have already made
- Click Signup forms in the top navigation bar
- Choose Embedded Forms
- Now look for the block of computer code beneath Copy/paste into your site
- Click the code to select it, CTRL + C to copy the code
- Paste the code into a PLAIN TEXT editor, such as Notepad ++
- search the code to find, form action=”…”
- Copy the code between the quote marks
- Appearance > Widgets > Primary Sidebar > Genesis eNews Extended
- Form Action: box
- Paste the small section of code you copied from the MailChimp code block in here
Scroll to the bottom of the Genesis eNews Extended widget, and save your settings.
You should now have a working sign up box in your sidebar.
Genesis eNews Extended and Mailchimp make a great combination. If you’re running a WordPress site with a StudioPress theme I highly recommend giving Genesis eNews Extended and Mailchimp a try.